Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Old Fale Fono gone from Mulinu'u. May it's legacy live on.

The HRPP ruling government has dismantled the old Fale Fono. There is now no visible sign so I can say to one's grandchildren "that's where Nanna stood as a 13 year old when Samoa celebrated Independence". Instead I suppose I can say to my grandchildren, "see that Parliament House...that's a new one where party politics and a modified universal suffrage were born, where Western Samoa was changed to Samoa, where the HRPP politicians made many changes to the original Constitution that was blessed by the people of Samoa as the Supreme law of the country"

I miss the old Fale Fono and the memory of all the brave women associated with politics in Samoa and who I came to know as friends. R.I.P Old Falefono. May the legacy of the old Falefono live on and captured accurately by the future generations of Samoa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home