Monday, July 31, 2006

87 years and no theory led to actions to prevent deaths and suffering now

I'm reading this morning about the theories of International Relations specifically, Chris Brown and Kirsten Ainsley(2005) and Scott Burchill(2005), and I can't help thinking, inspired by looking at my beautiful two year old grandaughter, in my bed, that I'd like to make a contribution to the ongoing search for the theory or theories that can ensure a just world - free of war, violence, unequal economic system, corrupt leaders, where there is religious tolerance, cooperation by all governments and non-government players to reduce problems created by "global commons" etc. All theorists though should be charged with an ethical and moral responsibility to create a peaceful world in which the unborn and the innocent children of today can grow up in. I think it is therefore imperative to keep the debate alive until we get closer to the best theory or combination of theories :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home