Friday, February 27, 2009

Farewell Uncle Aeo'ainu'u Mua'ausa Uatisone Poka

I received word that you breathed your last breath not long after 1a.m this Friday 26 February 2009 - at home in Your mother's village, Sapapali'i, in the greater Samoan island of Savai'i.
It sounds like there was "no fuss" in your departure from this life..
Quitely..you slipped away..no fuss..no fuss..just like in life..quietly with no fuss.
I remember you as the uncle whose presence stood out in time of family sorrow.
My mother Avai'a passed away in 1989...you were there.
My brother Toma passed away 2002...You were there.
My father Vavae Toma passed away 2004...you were there.
Aunty Perise passed away... you were there.
Uncle Polutea Kapeteni passed away...you were there
I know that your presence at many many other similar occasions
held lasting significance for all of us who are still learning the art of valuing family and family love.
You have been the champion of demonstrating 'family love' as you quietly conducted your duties as the matai of the Muaausa-Aeoainu'u-Malietoa family.

Thank you Uncle Mua'ausa. Manuia lau malaga.

Meripa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home